CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Full Coverage

I've been on this ''makeup journey'' for about two years. Now I'm in no way addicted to the stuff. I can, on any given day, wash my face, moisturize and go. However, I love makeup. My face to me is like a canvas to an artiste. I'm not super great at it but I do try a little something, something. Living here in Barbados where it's ALWAYS hot has its benefits where makeup is concerned. I don't need to buy a winter shade and a summer shade. My complexion stays the same from January to December.
Now as I've said in an earlier blog I've been trying to use different products. Thus far I've tried Iman (which is ok) and MAC which for the most part I love. I've also tried, at least once, Cover girl, Fashion Fair and Maybelline and even (gasp) Mary Kay. I tried Black Up once (wasn't mine) and I totally love the feel of it going onto my skin. Unfortunately I totally DON'T love the price since it's roughly US$50 here.

Right now I've settled on Mac and Iman. However, this makeup thing is not cheap. Makeup costs money and here in Barbados where the cost of the items includes shipping and duties it's rather expensive. Take for instance Iman, a drug store brand in the US that sells for a little more than $10 in some places. Here in Barbados it sells for approximately US 30!!!!! can you believe it.
I was trying to make my MAC Studio Tech foundation last as long as possible and it barely reached the 6mth mark. Now it's gone (bummer)) and I'm not working right now, so I really can't, with a good conscience spend 60 or 80 dollars for stuff to put on my face. Well as my mom would say ''force make water go up hill'' so I decided to buy a Black Opal stick foundation for twenty bucks!! I've tried Black Opal only once before, more than 10 years ago. At the time I really couldn't find my shade. It was either too dark or too light. Well I've got to thank Erin from Scandalous Beauty for reintroducing me to Black Opal, she gives it a lot of praise on her Youtube Channel

I've got to give myself a pat on the back because I bought, a good shade without having a tester (yeah!!). Now my face has a lot hyperpigmentation. I hardly notice it but I know it's there. These dark chunks on my cheeks that I ususally try to hide when I'm having a night out on the town. I tried the Black Opal tonight when I came home and my honest reaction as far as coverage was Not Bad...It gives good coverage. I don't need to use a concealer on my cheeks since it covers the hyperpigmentation quite nicely (and I really don't want to look tooooo made up) I'm not 100% certain that the shade is the BEST shade but it works. Obviously it doesn't feel like MAC or Black Up (which feels silky smooth) and you've got to make sure you set it but for 20 bucks it'll definitely work for now. These are the pics I took tonight (got to try it tomorrow in the day time). Give me your honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment