CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Roll On

They come in all shapes, sizes and scents. We generally use the word deodorant to describe them both however, the truth is, there is a major difference between antiperspirants and deodorants. Antiperspirants are as their name describes. When you roll those bad boys under your armpits, the aluminum based chemicals block your pores and stop you from sweating.  Now since sweating is a GOOD thing i.e it helps to cool the body as well as release minimal amounts of toxins, why would ANYONE not want to sweat.

The question has been asked whether there is a link between breast cancer and the aluminum in the antiperspirants. Many studies have been conducted and the bottom line is that there is no evidence to suggest that antiperspirants breast cancer. A study has been done that shows that the aluminum found in antiperspirants has been shown to cause DNA mutation, which could cause uncontrolled cell growth, which causes cancer.  The American cancer Society and the national Cancer Institute refute these claims and the study results have been difficult to reproduce.  Interestingly enough in 2004 the FDA (Food and Drug Administration, required that antiperspirants be labeled, giving caution to persons with kidney disease.

So after all my research I've decided to make the switch from antiperspirant to natural deodorant (deodorants mask or destroy unpleasant odors). Why? Well, I figure that anything whose purpose is to stop my body from working the way it should can't be all that good and as the breast cancer debate continues, I'd rather take this small little step in prevention.

Every single brand/type of antiperspirant I've used has always left some kind of residue under my arms giving me hell to  remove when in the shower. My arms are smooth and clean with this new deodorant. 


Thus far, my Naturally Fresh Deodorant has been working like a charm. 

It's 100% pure and natural, contains no harmful aluminum or parabens and is made with pharmaceutical grade mineral salts. If it's exceptionally hot outside and I'm going to be away from home for a while, I usually reapply during the day. So I'm going to use this until it's gone then I'll try another natural brand.




Moral of the story...Make sure is better than cocksure!

No comments:

Post a Comment