CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Birds of a Feather

Now I'd very rarely write about this topic but because of an incident that happened I thought I would. Now they are a number of sayings that speak to character some say "show me your friends and I'll show you who you are" another says "birds of a feather flock together".  Apparently some come up with their own slogan. "show me your friends and I'll show you your sexual orientation". What will they think of next.  Someone, seeing me in the company of another who is alleged (that's a safer word) to be homosexual and having seen me in this persons company more than once came to their own conclusion. Not only did they come to their own conclusion about my sexual orientation but they dared to say that as a Christian I shouldn't have associations with ''such persons''...sigh!!!! I decided to use this forum to  "come out'' in the open.

What I believe as a christian is that homosexuality is wrong (against God's laws) but so is fornication, adultery, murder, telling lies, stealing...you get the drift. I don't belive in a big sin and a little sin. Sin is sin, is sin, is sin, is sin. God did tell us however, to LOVE one another. Yup that's right. Love others as he first loved us.  So am I to stop talking to my friend because they're homosexual (alleged) I think not. I would give them my opinions on homosexuality but then I'd move on and prayer that I can let my life be a witness. What more can I do.  It would be in God's hands.  I thought, how hypocritical can Christians be. How can I say I love God and then don't love my brother but ignore them because of their lifestyle.  Remember the lady caught in adultery? What did Jesus say, he who is without sin cast the first stone." I might not know everything, or how to deal with every situation but I do know that we have been commaded to LOVE. Show love to our fellow brothers and sisters. Prayer for them, stand in the gap and give them over to God. 

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.- Colossians 3:12

Imagine if God would treat us the way we deserved or the way we treated others...

No comments:

Post a Comment